Short description of the Institute
Koinoniko Polykentro is the research and training institute of ADEDY (the Greek Civil Service Confederation), which represents over 450.000 employees in the public sector. Our activities include work of research, education and training, in support of trade union members and employees of the public sector.
- The systematic study, research and documentation in the fields of Public Administration and the Social Services of the State.
- The promotion of education and training among the trade union leaders for the support and strengthening of the civil servants’ movement in Greece.
- The promotion of ethics of collectiveness and unionism through continuous exchange of ideas and open dialogue.
In November of 2004 Koinoniko Polykentro signs up the 1st scheduling agreement between the Ministry of administrative reform and e-governance – ADEDY – and The National Center of Public Administration. Since then, Koinoniko Polykentro originated and participated in several actions of lifelong learning and training addressed to employees of the public sector.
- In April of 2005 initiates and introduces in collaboration with the University of Peloponnese the first Masters course for Public Servants with the title “Administration of Public Services and Organisations”.
- In March 2007 with the University of Macedonia introduces the second Masters course for public servants with the title “Total Quality Management”.
Koinoniko Polykentro receives funding through the scheduling agreement with the Ministry of Administrative Reform and E-governance and European funding through the National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF).
Koinoniko Polykentro has developed an internal network of collaborations for providing up-to-date research and training, with Academic departments of Greek Universities and Institutes operating under specific Trade unions and Federations, such as: KEMETE (the Centre of Research & Documnetation of OLME (the Greek Federation of Secondary Education State School Teachers) and the Labour Institute of the Greek General Confederation of Labour (INE/GSEE).
Areas of expertise and competencies
Research & documentation
Publications, newsletters, other resources (in Greek)